Saturday, January 27, 2007

Generation Gap

I can't help but wonder...if we will ever be as strong as our parents are. This blog was inspired by a conversation I had with a friend earlier today about responsibility and the differences between our generation and theirs.

Many may think we are too young to be concerened about how we will end up in the future, but I say if you don't start worrying now, then who will? Time goes by too fast. Before you know it we will be parents, wives, husbands, aunts, uncles, grandparents...okay lets not go there yet. So are we ready to take on these roles like our parents have? And will we make the right decisions? Will we be strong enough for our family like our parents have been? Or should there not be any concern...maybe it's all natural instinct...or maybe not.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about how strong and amazing of a mother I have and if I will ever have half of her strength and will power.

I hope that when that day comes for me to take upon one of those roles that I am prepared. And when I do, it will be because of my parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home